May 03, 2006

This is it

Bangkok was a shocker. Everything looked so modern and organized. People sat in their own designated seats on buses. Aircon cars filled the roads. There were actual highways with lines indicating lanes. And pavement so smooth, wow what a wonderful airport bus ride into the city! Electricity all day and internet and ATMs. My wallet salivated at all the tasty market merchandise. 3 pairs of shoes and many tshirts later I came to the conclusion I've never shopped like that before in my life and I'll never do it again! But a hard day of barganing deserved me my last Thai massage and a swim at the luxury $15 hotel. Thought I'd treat myself but it turned out to be scary murky water with clumps of long hair floating around and a windowless room with smudgy floors, even after I asked them to clean it. My last memory of Thailand is getting ripped off by the taxi driver, a slight misunderstandment at my expense. Why is he mad at me for his bad English?! I'm so tired of barganing for every stupid thing and still feeling like I've paid too much. That's it, I've had it, I'm coming home... tomorrow!!

And now I spend my last Singapore dollars on a great katsu set and mint-choc ice cream. It all ends well :) P

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had such a great time in Myanmar, even if it was a little crazy.

    When I saw last weekend that there was a cyclone in SE Asia, I thought it could only be somewhere you were!

    Pleased to know that you`re safe & well and that you ended the trip with an ice-cream. Good work my girl!

    Have a safe trip home.

    Rob x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:06 pm

    I know that it's sad that your trip is over, but there are legions of your adoring friends that can't wait to see you!! Have a safe journey home....

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you guys are so sweet!!! it's good to be back. P

    ReplyDelete